PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3.28.2013

Dear West Elm, you suck!

I went into West Elm tonight with every intention of spending $800 - $1200 on a chair and/or a small couch.  I observed the couch and chair that I've researched online the last two weeks. To be specific the Bliss Down-Filled Sofa.


After observing and casually waiting for 5 minutes, I decided to browse.  I need a few other house accessories. So I went over to the Dining + Kitchen area.  In hopes I would also run into a sales person asking if I needed help. WHY YES I DO I WANT TO SPEND $1K.  Easy sale.  

Instead I walked around the store not finding anyone.  After this.  I decided to go on a mission to find a sales person.  There was one person helping another customer (understandable). And 3 behind the register.  They completely ignored me until I walked up to the register and stood there.  A gentlemen was counting the register and irritatingly looks up and says "Hi, how can I help you" in the not-so-nice I'd rather not help you but you're here in my face kind of way.  I told him I was interested in the couch and wanted to confirm the price and stock, instead of attempting to help me, he tried to point.  Across the store.  Diagonally. Which I find most frustrating in stores, esp when you're trying to make a purchase.  He wasn't able to identify it.  So he rolled his eyes and looked at the lady behind him and she said "I'll put this away, you go."  Both unfriendly.  Both unhelpful.  Both annoyed a customer is asking for help.  Go figure.  I've worked in retail in a prior life - aka - college, to know and remember you have designated areas, register, entry.  But when a customer needs help.  You suck it up and help them.

Moral of the story.  Care about your customers.  Nurture them.  And don't suck. 

I am SO disappointed with West Elm's miserable customer service! I was an easy sale.  Ready. I already had my mind. MADE. up.  After he walked me over he told me the price and walked away.  As did I.  I refuse to give a business my money, when they are not appreciative. 

Dear West Elm, you suck! 


8 comments:

  1. I hate stuff like this! By the way I saw that rug you wanted on overstock for a little over $100 and I'm pretty sure they had it in navy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsea,
    My name is Nancy and I am the GM at West Elm Nashville. I am so sorry to hear about your experience in my store and I am very disappointed in my team for letting you down like this. We strive to operate with a "customer first" mentality, and I am absolutely horrified that this is the service you received in my store. I would love the chance to make it up to you- please call me at the store at your earliest convienience and we can discuss how to make this right. 615-385-1512

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO ridiculous! I'm sorry, I hate when stuff like this happens. If you do call Nancy, I'd sure like to know how this story ends up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love West Elm! That stinks you didn't have a good experience they are always so helpful out here in AZ...I am seeing someone comment above from the company, did they help you out any?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered several items from West Elm, and they said items were IN STOCK online, so I requested next day shipping and paid. After three days, no package, no notification, and had to go back online to find out it was out of stock, 4 days after I ordered it. They just lost a $10,000 account for not giving a crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The exact same thing just happened to me! They took my money, said my stuff would arrive within 3 weeks, and now 4 weeks later, they're telling me that they don't even have the item and it won't arrive for at least another month. They won't even give me a refund until they check with their factory in Vietnam to see if they've started building stuff. West elm, you suck!!!!!! Class action time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has had an issue with West Elm. They have terrible service and everything is ALWAYS out of stock. Half the time you don't even know that until after you order it and they tell you, just kidding it'll be 3 months before we ship it or just cancel your order. Was prepared to spent a bunch on a new table and chairs, and whaddya know, in between putting it in my cart and putting in my credit card info it goes out of stock.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!