PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1.29.2013

Why do we spend time thinking about people that...

Worry less.  Perhaps not at all.  Its been a while for me since I've met someone I'm excited to get that text from.  To hear my phone buzz.  Talk to for a couple hours and feel like a couple minutes.  I've been lucky in the dating scene in Nashville - boys are actually men.  They ask for your number and actually call.  I recently I met a person I was genuinely excited over.  Thought, hmmm. This could go somewhere.  Went on a trip.  Had an amazing time. And now, something is off.  It seems to be to be fizzling.  It just isn't my style to pour my heart out early.  Or try to "put my heart out there." Not after having my heart broken before and knowing what its like to do that.

So my questions is! Why do we spend time thinking about people that aren't focusing on us?  Aren't paying attention or being what you initially fell for?  Aren't treating us properly?  Early on I could never express this, it just seems crazy to me to bring up so early.   I've learned to let things go.  One major life lesson I've taken away, no matter how hard it is.  Because is someone truly cares for you, they will chase you and not let you go.  This is true.  One of my best friends boyfriends simply no longer responds to sweet texts, and sometimes ignores her, treats her poorly at times, better at others.  But she's dying to marry him.  He is truly great person, but whyyyy do we accept being treated just okay?  At my friend Rebecca's wedding the priest reminded us that we should be their "best friend, their biggest cheerleader, their rock, supporter and true partner for life."  I want that.


2 comments:

  1. oh Chels, i loved this post! it's true if someone really loves you they will chase after you and its really great when you realize you've been chasing each other the whole time :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother recommended I may like this web site. He was entirely right.
    This put up actually made my day. You can not believe simply
    how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web site - phoenix dui defense

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!