PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.21.2012

a cool, crisp weekend and hot cider:)

This weekend started with a text at around 2:00 PM that said:

"Make sure to eat a snack before dinner tonight, I'm taking you somewhere before we eat, I have a surprise for you!" 

Hmmm, no clues were given until we arrived. And this is where we ended up. . .


I was actually scared to death if you can't tell.  This is me, shooting a 22. I so excited - I was on target my first 2 shots...

We then headed to dinner and drinks at Holland House. 


My date got an interesting whiskey drink, with a odd, oversized ice cube.  I got a lemon, champagne mixed cocktail that was very refreshing! The atmosphere and service were amazing and it was a nice change of scene, just had a lovely ambiance. We then headed downtown to celebrate his friend's birthday, then we stopped at one of my favorite honkey tonk's and listened to some Luke Bryan before heading home.  

Saturday, I made some homemade Hot Cider. 


1 Gallon of Apple Juice (Whole Foods)
2 Cinnamon Sticks
2 Tablespoons of Allspice (**or to your tasting)
1 Large Orange (just need the orange peel/zest) 


I cut the orange peel into vertical strips and dropped those and all the spices into the crock-pot and cooked on high for about an hour and a half.  The house smelt amazing and it just felt like fall.  My girlfriends and I all watched Rock of Ages musical and I just fell in love with Julianne Hough's voice.  I want to see this musical in person now. It also made me miss Los Angeles and my friends that live there. I love the city at night:)


AND I am also currently loving ABC's new show Nashville.  I love the music and the story.  So proud of my new city!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! My fiance loves to let me shoot guns when we go to his dad's house in the country- but I'm a terrible shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!