PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.23.2011

pretty. little. breakfast/brunch.

As promised in a prior post...I made a breakfast and I want you to see.

I'm a simple eggs and spinach for breakfast kinda girl, sometimes I like an omlette if I'm in the mood for mixing {and chopping} things up. I do not like anything big or fancy.  but I do like things that are pretty. and this dish is simple and pretty.

The steps are pretty much as simple as looking at the photos... I chose to bake these with asparagus and feta because it was lying around...but I would love LOVE to throw in some hash-browns and red pepper, green pepper and banana peppers. If this looks good to you...I recommend throwing in MORE feta, I didn't put enough. Also ....a step I didn't show...i threw in a little, ok...ALOT of butter, yep I love Paula Deen and I knew the lady would just frown upon me if I cooked these little suckers without adding butter. the great thing about these are you can make them as healthy or...not...as you want! See the photos and check out my inspiration on Chissy Teigen's blog


This is a quick process, so before you start go ahead and put the oven on 375.


Layer the ham around amongst the ramekin. I use 2.5 slices of ham for each ramekin. Put olive oil underneath just to make it easy to remove and serve. 





 

Chop up the asparagus and throw in the feta and mix it all around. I didn't get a picture of how much feta I actually used, but I thought I used a lot, BUT as it baked the flavor drowned out...I recommend using a LOT of feta if you want to taste the flavor. I also always throw in pepper and salt to my likin before cooking, it adds more FLAVA!


Tadaaaa...no lie, it's almost prettier before you cook it. Once your oven is at 375 and ready for you, put these in for 22-27 minutes.  They white will look a little runny, that's why I cooked mine a full 27, I wanted it to look done. and wait..



BAM! Here we are. 

Do me a favor and take this out of the ramekin, it is so cute, can stand on its own and a definitely catches the eye..so much prettier than a simple egg or omlette...now go cook some and let me know what you come up in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!