PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.10.2011

Love & Friendship.

My work week of travel started with a small challenge. This lil guy. 


I had to fit 5 days in this thing! 5 days. I'm a self-admitted worse kind of high maintenance {Harry, When Harry Met Sally}, the high maintenance that thinks they're low maintenance. Part of my struggle is I carry work materials and AV - necessities only rule is well...necessary. In an effort to prove to myself that I can be low maintenance, I thought this was a decent challenge. And look, to my surprise.  Tuesday night - I successfully completed my challenge. I almost pulled a Confessions of a Shopaholic move and shipped some things to my hotel. But nope, I did it. Ta-da


I decided to spend the weekend in Texas with one of my best friends, Emily, after I finished up my work events! 

We brunched at Breadwinner's Friday morning and this place was the perfect brunch spot and had amazing food!  {the mimosas weren't so bad either}


She lives downtown, so later that night all of her friends joined us in grilling out! The conversation was great and I had such a lovely time. I love it when you seem to enjoy all of your friends new friends in their new cities! 

This was our spot and it was seriously a perfect night! Good weather, good company, good food and good margaritAS! 


Saturday day can be summed up with these...it was a beautiful last day and last night. And I really fell in love with Dallas. 









I also finished Something Blue on my way home.  I enjoyed this quick read just as much as I enjoyed Something Borrowed.  And this last quote kinda stuck with me. It is very simple, and doesn't seem that profound - but after reading these 2 books and an intertwinement of my own life experiences. It meant a lot to me. 

Love and Friendship. They are what make us who we are, and what can change us, if we let them. 

I will be out of townsies again this week in California! If anyone is interested in guest blogging or has any ideas for a guest post, please let me know! 

Hope you enjoyed your weekend! Xx, 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting all that in that little suitcase. I could not do that. I marvel at people that can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an accomplishment! That size bag is usually what I pack for 1-2 nights and its FULL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. texas looks like it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!