10.29.2013

Life Advice. Women Advice. Love Advice.

My email inbox, Facebook, and Twitter feeds have been infiltrated with advice for women in their twenties.  While, they're always an interesting point of view, I sometimes find myself saying, yeah duh...thanks for the heart felt advice, but WE KNOW THAT, K! Side note, text me "K." and I'm going to be forced to assume you want me dead.  Thanks, Lena Dunham for the reference. But yall, Hannah Brencher freaking hits the nail on the head with her blog post "25 things every woman needs to know." with her blog post, here. I would like to cite a few of my favorite points below.


1) Life is a steep, uphill battle but it's fierce and it's beautiful and you'll be sad to see it go if you live it right.

- This is an excellent reminder, that life ain't always rainbows and butterflies, but it's freaking beautiful and if you don't take the time to get off your work laptop, iPhone, or worse- worry your time away, it'll slip right by.  

8) I agree with Bruno Mars and, if I were a good singer, I'd serenade you alongside him in singing how I hope he buys you flowers... and holds your hands... and takes you to parties if you like to dance. You deserve that. Always. Don't think you should have less than that.You are worthy beyond words, gal.

- This is so true.  I've really grown to love ME.  Me, me. The quirky, weird, impatient, curly-headed, wide-hip ME.  As and Carrie Bradshaw once said, "The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you, you love, well, that's just fabulous."  We all deserve the guy that wants to give us everything.  

13) Nude pumps. They're good for the soul. They are a must-have in any serious closet. Buy a pair one day and I can promise your whole entire style statement will benefit from them.

- This is indeed a fact.  If you don't own a pair, run to target and get a pair for 29.99.  RIGHT NOW.

18) No matter how tech savvy we get, there is a need to say things to a person's face. Please, for the love of lovelier things, have the courage to call someone up and verbalize your thoughts or meet for a coffee. Breaking a heart is hard stuff, stopping a relationship is never fun, but there will never be anything as loud as this statement: You are worth my words. You are worth my presence. You are worth, and will always be worth, more than just letters on a screen and a broken heart jammed in the crooks of an overflowing inbox. Face to face connections are fading faster, please don't let them get away...   

- I've always followed this mantra, I can't say I've gotten the same. But hey, Karma is karma.  

21) Regret is a real thing. It's going to happen. It's going to come clomp-clomp-clomping into your life at some point. Don't hold onto things forever but learn from them and let the past go. The past will be a dictator if you let her.

- Don't focus or dwell too much on the past and that which you regret.  Learn. Change. Grow. Do better.  That's what life is about. 

Well and that's it, I just wanted to add on to the amazing words of Hannah Brencher, and if you happen to be going through a heart break, I would say this post below is a good.  

And smile.  Because literally there is ALWAYS something wondnerful about to happen. 
http://hannahbrencher.com/2013/10/01/a-mes
sage-from-the-head-of-the-broken-heart-committee/

4 comments:

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!