7.09.2013

a little (not so) love story. . .

When you're a twenty-something approaching that upper region of your late twenties, I've found you begin (or ahem...I begin to) ...get excited...maybe .... okay definitely... too fast when I meet someone that makes me feel giddy.  You know, those moments when you see them or get a text or...a serenade and "your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast?" I went through a dating period, where...well dates would happen, but when I'd come home and my friends would ask "HOW WAS IT?!" My only feeling was "I'm not repulsed by them."  Over the last year, I've thought maybe this love thing isn't meant for me? Ya know?!  Not in like a wrong way, but as Carrie Bradshaw would put it....how many great loves do we get?  Have I already had mine?  So I do as most of us young, single gals do.  I do things that make me happy, try to find new challenges, whether at work, or working out...doing that 5K, taking that hot yoga class or pure barre session one EXTRA time, even if I don't feel like it at 8:00 AM on a Saturday, I buy things that make me happy, like Hermes perfume, or that pretty dress at Nordstrom I'd been eyeing for weeks, I spend times with friends, and laugh...alot, I network and plan extra work events, I volunteer and try to see what else there is outside of my little bubble.  And of course when you're busy doing the things you love, I think that's when you are most inclined to meet someone special.  And so I did.  Here is the story.

Boy meets girl.
Girl isn't sure about boy.
Boy pursues girl.
Boy tells girl she's special.
Boy makes girl laugh a lot. 
Girl tells boy she likes him, but things are moving fast, things better slow down.
Boy agrees and respects girl.
Boy's communication starts to fizzle.
Boy tells girl she isn't a priority, and she has her stuff together.  He needs to get his stuff together. 

It's a typical story.  Things don't work out, and it was very new, but it was still a "break up." We still had to have one of those awkward conversations where girl isn't happy because boy is sucking at communication, and boy doesn't want to put in the work.  Rejection hurts, even in the slightest form.  Even in the, I geniunely love spending time with you form.  Those thoughts still cross your mind.  Is he even thinking about me?  Does he miss me or what we could have had?  I guess I'll never know.  But I'm content in knowing that I know my expectations in a relationship and what I want, and that I followed my heart and standards and I'm not embarrassed of my values.  

What do you ladies do to move on when it's time to move on?  

4 comments:

I love reading your comments. You guys make my day!